Farming is often seen as a low-paying job, but there are actually many high-paying agritalent jobs out there that you may not be aware of. From crop scientists to farm managers and even agricultural economists, the possibilities for those interested in working in the agriculture industry are endless. With salaries ranging from $60K to six figures, these 20 high-paying farming jobs offer great opportunities for both experienced workers and recent graduates. Whether you’re looking for a full-time career or just want to supplement your income with some part-time work on a farm, read on to learn more about these fantastic positions available in agriculture!
- Crop Scientist: A crop scientist studies the science behind growing plants and is responsible for researching, developing, and improving yields. With salaries ranging from $60K to $100K per year, this is an excellent option for those interested in agriculture.
- Farm Manager: As the name implies, farm managers are responsible for managing all aspects of a farm’s operations, including personnel management, financial planning, and crop production. Depending on their experience level and position within an organization, they can earn anywhere from $45K up to six figures annually!
- Agricultural Economist: An agricultural economist analyses economic factors that affect crops or food production systems, such as input costs or market influences. This position requires a degree in economics and usually offers salaries of around $80K per year.
- Agronomist: An agronomist studies the science behind soil, water, climate, and plant growth to maximize crop production yields. In addition to a deep understanding of agricultural processes, this position also requires an advanced degree in agronomy or a related field for higher-paying positions.
- Animal Scientist: Animal scientists conduct research on animal nutrition, genetics, reproduction and other topics related to raising animals for food production purposes. With salaries ranging from $60K up to six figures depending on experience level and location, this is another excellent option for those interested in entering the agriculture industry!
- Horticulturist: A horticulturist is someone who studies and works with plants, from cultivating them to controlling pests and diseases. This position usually requires a degree in horticulture or a related field and can earn up to $80K annually, depending on the organization they work for.
- Soil Scientist: A soil scientist specializes in studying soils, their properties, and how they interact with other parts of the environment, such as air and water. With salaries ranging from $50K up to six figures per year, this is another excellent option for those looking to enter the agricultural field!
- Agricultural Mechanic: An agricultural mechanic is responsible for repairing farm equipment such as tractors, combines and other machinery. This job usually requires a technical degree in agricultural mechanics or a related field and offers salaries of around $60K per year.
- Livestock Manager: A livestock manager oversees the breeding, feeding, and care of animals used in a farm’s operations. With salaries ranging from $50K up to six figures depending on experience level, this position is perfect for those looking to work with animals while also earning a good living!
- Plant Pathologist: Plant pathologists focus on researching plant diseases and their effects on crop yield and finding ways to control them. This position requires an advanced degree in plant pathology or a related field, but it can offer salaries of up to $100K per year for those with experience.
- Agricultural Educator: An agricultural educator’s job is to educate people about the importance of agriculture and how it impacts our daily lives. This position usually requires a degree in education, agricultural science or a related field and can offer salaries of around $50K per year.
- Agribusiness Manager: An agribusiness manager is responsible for managing the operations and finances of an agricultural-related business. Job duties include developing marketing plans, hiring staff, and overseeing financial operations. With salaries ranging from $60K up to six figures depending on experience level, this is another great option for those interested in getting into the agriculture industry!
These are just some of the many exciting career opportunities available worldwide.
Regardless of what type of job you are looking for, there are a variety of exciting positions in the world of agriculture that can offer great salaries and provide rewarding work experiences. With limited competition and an increasing need for skilled workers, now is the perfect time to explore these opportunities!
By: Eric Reyes
About the Author:
Eric Reyes is a passionate thought leader, having been featured in 50 distinguished online and offline platforms. His passion and knowledge in Finance and Business made him a sought-after contributor providing valuable insights to his readers. You can find him reading a book and discussing current events in his spare time.