You probably know that you can jump, swim, dip, and play around in your pool anytime you want to. But there are far more important things you must know about owning a pool.
How much does a pool installation cost?
In Dallas, the average cost to install a swimming pool ranges from $7,400 to $10,300.
Nevertheless, the cost of constructing a pool may only come to $3,500, depending on the type you choose, which also represents a significant discount from the market standard.
Deluxe and specialized swimming pools can cost up to $25,000.
All in all, the type of pool, materials, labor, and several other factors may affect the overall cost of pool installation.
The Advantages of Owning a Pool
1. Allows for regular exercise.
Few exercises provide a full-body workout, like swimming laps. Boost cardiovascular health while reducing body fat, adding muscle, and improving flexibility with swimming.
2. Spending adequate time in the sun (while wearing sunscreen) is beneficial.
The hormone that makes you feel happy, serotonin, is naturally produced in greater amounts by your body when you spend time in the sun.
However, remember to wear sunscreen to protect your skin from dangerous UV rays.
3. Owning a pool means you have the chance to customize it according to your preference.
You have more than one option when installing a swimming pool in your home. Personalized swimming pools for your home are available.
This implies that your pool’s depth, dimensions, and structure are all customizable. Additionally, you can choose the type of lighting, tile layout, and pool location.
4. Your property’s value and aesthetic appeal can both be significantly improved by a pool.
Installing a home pool is a simple way to improve the aesthetics of your yard.
Additionally, doing so can significantly increase the value of your house. This is advantageous if you intend to sell the house in the future, leave your house to your children, or use it as an investment property by renting it out.
5. When you want to swim, owning a pool gives you more privacy.
Due to the inherent privacy of residential swimming pools, you can always enjoy a private haven, unlike swimming on the beach or in a commercial pool area.
The Disadvantages of Owning a Pool
1. It is an expensive investment.
The cost of the installations alone might run into the thousands. The rest of the time, filters, skimmers, and chemicals are what you’ll need to keep your pool clean.
Along with the total installation and maintenance cost, also consider the water and electricity it will use.
2. Both upkeep and frequent cleaning are necessary.
Unknown to many, whether or not you use your pool frequently, you must keep an eye on the quality and level of the water and frequently skim, scrub, and vacuum the pool, tiles, and walls.
Hire a pool repair Frisco to perform the necessary maintenance and repair for you; this is your best course of action.
3. Insurance costs go up because of pools.
More people are drawn to pools, which draws unneeded attention and leaves your home open to danger.
The insurance policy becomes more expensive as a result of these threats, which can include burglary, accidents, and other home damages which are covered by your home insurance policy.
Pool Maintenance Tips
Aside from annually hiring pool repair Frisco, you can do these things to maintain your pools at home:
- Regularly remove debris from the skim and collection baskets.
- To stop algae growth, vacuum the pool and scrub the tile and walls.
- Periodically clean the pool filter.
- Always keep an eye on the quality and level of the water.
- Leaks should be located, repaired, and then immediately fixed.