In India, for education, there are mainly two types of boards: ICSE and CBSE. ICSE stands for Indian certificate of secondary education. At the same time, CBSE stands for central board of the education system.ICSE comprises general education courses in line with the new education policy of 1986. At the same time, the CBSE board is a national-level Indian education board for private and public schools.Now these both boards have adapted the new way of teaching through e-learning portals as they make everything easy to manage with software like school management system and more.
Importance and Drawbacks of Both Boards
- CBSE: The Indian government usually controls this board of education.
- The board of education gives affiliation to almost 26,045 schools and 240 schools in India.So if parents’ job is such that they can’t stay more than two years at a place, there is more chance that they will prefer CBSE affiliated school as they can quickly transfer and have various options.
- It is usually based on the NCERT pattern.
- Popular exams like NEET and JEE are based on the CBSE pattern.
- The syllabus of this board is not very lengthy. It has a compact structure and is easy to manage compared to the ICSE board.
- There is no particular subject like Physics, chemistry, or biology. Until class 10 they all come in science and exams they are considered 100 marks for all three subjects.
- ICSE board follows a comprehensive and detailed syllabus that gives importance to all the subjects.
- ICSE board is challenging and good for students who want to pursue a Ph.D. or management.
- ICSE boards give more importance to English as a result. When you compare students of CBSE as well as ICSE, one can easily distinguish them. And the students of the ICSE board tend to do well in literature and language-based careers.
- This board is universally recognized, and students can get admission in any country if they are interested.
- There is flexibility in terms of selecting subjects.
Comparison Between CBSE and ICSE
- Syllabus – when we talk about the ICSE syllabus, it is faster than you think. Mostly detailed study and theoretical knowledge. At the same time, the CBSE syllabus is like touching the topic and is just designed for the neet and jee exam pattern. E.g., studying a circuit on the CBSE board gives you a definition, its diagram equation, and hardly its type or junction. Whereas in the ICSE board, this topic covers almost ten pages, giving a detailed description of the types and equations and numerically based on it.
- Language – In the ICSE board, the English language is preferred compared to the CBSE board. Even in CBSE, there is a combination of both English and Hindi, but on the ICSE board, only English is essential.
- Recognition – although in India, both the boards get recognition in university CBSE boards results are widely accepted. Compared to the global ICSE boards, results are preferred more and given more preference.
- There is more learning in the classroom rather than outside the class.
- English is not the primary focus of the CBSE school.
- Schools are more results-oriented and place less emphasis on an in-depth understanding of the concept.
- It is more lengthy and detailed than the lower class, so mediocre students might feel hard and burdened.
- Exams and evaluations are quite strict, making it difficult for students to get good marks.
- Although it is pretty detailed, students of ICSE boards are not seen in national competition exams like jee, or neet .and which only gives the option to do well in humanity subjects.
We have discussed everything in details by comparing the both board here. However they both hold equal values and works with goal of improving the lifestyle and knowledge of students. Educators also take online classes that have different feature like ERP for school that are helpful in managing all day to day activities of classes easily