A credit card is an important financial instrument that permits its user to avail funds from the creditor to mitigate the necessary expenses whilst endowing you the wonderful luxury of repaying the borrowed amount later. A credit card comes with a line of credit that you can use to make the required payments. However, this amount should be repaid to the bank by the due date to avoid any charges and late fees.
Purchasing credit cards is much simpler than maintaining one. The way you use your credit card determines your financial well-being and whether you are eligible to borrow credits or loans in the future. For judicious use of a credit card, it is crucial you know how you must use it. And to use your credit card well, you should be aware of a few of the common terms and their importance.
Let’s start with understanding credit card PIN.
What is a credit card PIN?
A credit card PIN (personal identification number) is a 4-digit code used for verifying the identity of the card user. It is mandatory for you to place in the credit card PIN to finish the transaction. This is how the creditor can make sure that each transaction conducted through your card is authorized by you and no one else, which makes it secure and safe. Factoring in this, it is advised strictly to not share your credit card PIN with anyone and avoid any kind of fraudulent activity.
How can you generate a credit card PIN?
Once you click on the Axis Bank credit card apply button, or any other credit card application button, you will have to wait for a few days for the delivery of the credit card. Along with the new credit card, you get a welcome kit from your issuer. This welcome kit contains a confidential document containing your PIN. This PIN can be used for initial transactions. However, you must change this PIN as soon as possible. Also, avoid sharing your card’s PIN with anyone to remain away from account misuse.
The below-listed steps explain ways to generate your PIN credit card online –
∙ Sign in to your internet banking
- Log in to your net banking account by placing your credentials
- Go to the ‘credit card’ section and press on ‘change PIN.’
- Verify your action through the OTP received on your mobile number.
- Place in the new PIN of your choice twice & then click on the submit button
Via mobile application –
- Log into your issuer’s mobile banking app
- Visit the ‘credit card’ section and then click on the option ‘Change PIN.’
- Place in the OTP received on your registered mobile and authenticated your identity
- Place in the new PIN twice and click on the submit button
Via the bank’s official website
- Visit the bank’s website using your credentials and then log in to your online account.
- Visit the section ‘credit card PIN change.’
- Place in your card details like credit card number, expiry date and CVV
- Enter and then re-enter your preferred PIN and click on the submit option
- Draft a mail requesting the concerned officials about your bank to create your credit card PIN.
- Send the mail to your official bank’s mail address
- On receiving the mail, the bank officials will contact you for further steps starmusiq
The following steps explain ways how you can create your PIN offline –
Via ATM –
- Visit the nearest ATM & insert your card into the machine
- Out of the options available, select the option stating ‘create PIN through OTP.’
- Place in the OTP that you received on your mobile number
- Next place in the new four-digit PIN as per your preference
- Enter the PIN again and select the ‘submit’ option
Via the bank branch –
- Approach the nearest branch and talk to the concerned official
- Submit your PIN generation request for your credit card
- Next, your bank will authenticate your details and process your request
Crucial Points to consider –
When you change or generate the PIN for your credit card, there are certain crucial points that you should factor in. Listed here are some of the consideration points for you:
- Ensure that your credit card is swiped in your presence. This will avoid chances of any skimming.
- Make sure that no one is eying on your card PIN when you input it at the store.
- Avoid sharing your crucial credit card details like your card number, CVV, expiry date etc., even if the individual is claiming to be a bank official.
- Do not submit the details of your credit card on social media or on the online channel, including SMS or email.
- Even if you are using your card for online spending, ensure that the site you are using is safe and thoroughly secure.
- Avoid saving your card details like credit card number, expiry date or CVV on any of the online portals.
- Ensure to change your credit card PIN once you begin using your card.
- Ensure not to set a PIN that is very simple to guess, like a combination of your date of birth, your phone number etc.
- Review your credit card statement well each month to make sure there are no erroneous transactions mentioned in your billing cycle.
The best credit card in India is the ones that come with higher benefits at a lower or no annual fee. In the case of premium credit cards, ensure to opt for the one that provides the highest amount of benefits than the fees charged on using the card. A credit card PIN is a four-digit personal identification number. This number can be used to authenticate your identity. Note that it is mandatory for you to place in your card PIN to finish the purchase transaction. As it is just this PIN that provides your identity, it is crucial you keep this piece of info confidential. Do not share your PIN with anyone, whether offline or online, to protect your card against fraudulent activities.
You most probably heard the name of 9KMovies because it’s very popular movie download site.