Hiring a house cleaner can be a great way to keep your home clean and organized, but it’s important to choose a cleaner who is reliable and trustworthy. Here are some tips on how to choose a good house cleaner:
- Get referrals: One of the best ways to find a good house cleaner is to ask friends, family, and neighbors for referrals. Maybe a friend likes how their interior barn doors were cleaned. They may have had a positive experience with a cleaner and can recommend someone to you.
- Check for credentials: It is a good idea to check for the credentials of the house cleaner. Many professional cleaners have certifications from organizations such as the International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA), and the Association for Residential Cleaning Services International (ARCSI) or have completed training programs.
- Research online: Look for online reviews of cleaners and cleaning companies in your area. This can give you an idea of the types of services they offer and what other customers have experienced with them.
- Verify insurance and bond: Make sure the cleaner or cleaning company is insured and bonded. This will provide you with protection in case of damage to your property or injuries to the cleaner while on the job.
- Ask for references: Ask for references from previous clients and contact them to ask about their experience with the cleaner. You can ask about their reliability, attention to detail, and overall performance.
- Schedule an interview: Schedule an interview with the cleaner or cleaning company to discuss your specific needs and to see if they will be a good fit for your home. Ask about their cleaning methods, the type of cleaning products they use, and if they have experience cleaning homes similar to yours.
- Consider their availability: Consider the cleaner’s availability and if it aligns with your schedule. Also, think about how often you need cleaning services and make sure that the cleaner can accommodate your schedule.
- Communicate your expectations: Clearly communicate your expectations to the cleaner or cleaning company. This includes specific tasks you would like them to focus on and areas of the home you want them to avoid.
- Make sure the cleaner understands certain areas that should not be cleaned, such as certain fabrics or rugs that have to be cleaned professionally.
The frequency of house cleaning can depend on various factors such as the size of your home, the number of people living in it, and your personal preferences. Here are some general guidelines for how often a housekeeper should clean:
Weekly: A weekly cleaning schedule is suitable for most households. This can include tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms.
Bi-Weekly: Some households may prefer a bi-weekly cleaning schedule. This can work well for smaller homes with fewer people living in them, or for people who prefer a lower maintenance cleaning schedule.
Monthly: A monthly cleaning schedule is suitable for homes that are kept in good condition, and don’t require as much upkeep. This cleaning schedule typically includes deep cleaning tasks such as cleaning baseboards and windows, as well as the organization and decluttering tasks.
Occasional or as-needed: Some households may only need a housekeeper to come in occasionally, such as before and after big events, or as needed. This schedule can work well for people who prefer to do most of the cleaning themselves and only want the occasional extra help.
Ultimately, the most important thing is to find a cleaning schedule that works for you, your family, and your home. If your home gets dirty quickly, or you have a big family, or even pets, weekly cleaning may be needed. If you’re someone who likes to keep things clean or you don’t have much time, bi-weekly or monthly cleaning can help.
Additionally, it is important to communicate your cleaning needs and schedule with the housekeeper or cleaning company to ensure that they can accommodate your requests. Also, you may want to review the cleaning schedule periodically and make adjustments as necessary.
Finding the right cleaner is going to free up a good deal of your time. It will give you a chance to do some things that you have been wanting to do and keep your house clean at the same time.